Easy Goulash Recipe
Busy days call for a recipe like Easy Goulash, a one-pot masterpiece that practically cooks itself. It’s cheesy, meaty, and 1000% delicious.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni uncooked
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheese for garnish
In a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat, add beef, onion, and Italian seasoning. Cook until beef is browned, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes with juice, macaroni, water, Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
Cover and simmer until macaroni is mostly tender, about 10 minutes. Uncover and cook until macaroni is tender and sauce has thickened slightly, about 3 to 5 minutes longer, then season to taste with salt and pepper (I like an additional 1/4 teaspoon salt). Garnish with cheddar cheese.