Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Healthy Mashed Sweet Potatoes shine when made with herbs, butter, and just a touch of brown sugar. This one-pot recipe always delivers delicious results, and is a perfect side to work into your weeknight routine.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices (about 4 small)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar packed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons half-and-half warmed
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
In a large saucepan over low heat, add sweet potatoes, water, thyme, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook until the potatoes fall apart easily and all the water has been absorbed, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Mash the potatoes until just a few lumps remain. Stir in the half-and-half and butter and season to taste with salt and pepper.