One Pot Cajun Pasta Recipe
When you need a big, easy dinner, One Pot Cajun Pasta is all that and more. This creamy Cajun sausage pasta recipe is something you’ll want to return to again and again, just like New Orleans itself.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped (any color)
- 2 stalks celery finely minced
- 2 links Andouille sausages 8-10 ounces, cut crosswise into 1" thick pieces (see notes)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1" pieces
- 1 teaspoon Homemade Cajun Seasoning or store bought (see notes)
- 16 ounces penne pasta (or any small pasta)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes undrained
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until shimmering. Add onion, peppers, and celery and cook until softened. Add Andouille sausage and cook until browned.
Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add chicken and Cajun seasoning and cook, stirring often, until chicken is golden and cooked through.
Stir in penne, diced tomatoes and juice, and chicken broth. Simmer until pasta is al dente and almost all of the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
Stir in heavy cream and cheddar cheese until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with Parmesan, if desired.
How to make Cajun Seasoning:
Store in an airtight jar and keep in pantry.
Kielbasa can be substituted for the Andouille sausage.
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 872kcal