Three Chicken Salad Recipes
Mix up lunchtime! Here are three Chicken Salad Recipes made from the same base with tasty variations such as lemon pepper, celery, cranberries, and walnuts.
Servings 4 servings
For the Chicken Salad Base:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound cooked chicken chopped or shredded
- Mix-ins see variations below
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Variation 1: Lemon Pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
Variation 2: Celery
- 1/2 cup celery finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
Variation 3: Cranberry Nut
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, zest, and lemon juice until smooth. Fold in chicken.
Stir in mix-ins from your preferred variation until uniformly combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.