One Pot Manicotti Pasta Bake
This easy Manicotti Pasta Bake comes together in just one pot! It's perfect for busy weeknights or any time you want a truly delicious, comforting meal at home.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 8 servings
Calories 585 kcal
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound uncooked medium shell pasta
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces Wisconsin ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces Wisconsin mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 ounces Wisconsin Parmesan cheese shredded
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. In a Dutch oven or large oven-safe pot, cook beef and onion over medium heat until mostly browned, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in water, pasta, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, basil, Italian seasoning, fennel, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
Drop large spoonfuls of ricotta on top of pasta. Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 15 to 20 minutes.