Pasta with Asparagus, Mushrooms, and Prosciutto
An easy, delicious pasta with asparagus, mushrooms, prosciutto, and cheese that's perfect for spring! Ready in 30 minutes or less.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- ¼ cup olive oil divided
- 5 ounces prosciutto stacked and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces baby Portobello mushrooms sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound slim asparagus trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces on the bias
- 1 pound penne or other small pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces Roth’s Private Reserve shredded, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives for garnish
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add prosciutto and cook until crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a small bowl.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the same skillet and heat until shimmering. Add mushrooms and a pinch of salt and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the prosciutto.
Meanwhile, bring 4 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt to boil in a large pot. Add pasta and cook 9 minutes. Add asparagus and cook 3 minutes longer, 12 minutes total.
Drain pasta and asparagus (do not rinse). Return to pot. Stir in butter, 8 ounces Roth's Private Reserve cheese, prosciutto, and mushrooms and toss until uniformly combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer to a large serving bowl or individual plates. Garnish with more Roth's cheese and fresh chives.