Starting your day with this Blueberry Smoothie is a real treat. Add protein powder to keep you full and feeling good all morning long.
Servings 1 serving (2 cups)
- 1 cup water or almond milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (see note 1)
- 1 scoop protein powder or ½ cup Greek yogurt (see note 2)
- Maple syrup to taste, optional (see note 3)
In the bottom of a blender, add water, blueberries, and protein powder or Greek yogurt. Blend until smooth. Taste and add maple syrup if desired.
- Blueberries: To substitute fresh blueberries, add ½ cup ice or more to the blender.
- Protein powder: Use either your favorite vanilla protein powder or ½ cup Greek yogurt.
- Maple syrup: Taste the smoothie before adding any sweeteners, then start with a teaspoon of maple syrup or honey. If you use a vanilla-flavored protein powder, you probably won’t need anything.
- Yield: This recipe makes about 2 cups of smoothie, enough for 1 serving.
- Storage: Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Some separation may occur, so shake or stir to combine before enjoying.
Serving: 2 cups | Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 58mg | Potassium: 204mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 160IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 2mg