Caesar Salad Dressing
Learn how to make classic Caesar Dressing from scratch in 5 minutes or less. Then drizzle it on your next Caesar salad, of course, but also try it on sandwiches, wraps, and with vegetables.
Servings 8 servings (2 tbsp each)
- 1 egg
- 3 cloves garlic (about 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated (about 2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard optional (see note 1)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard optional (see note 2)
- 6 anchovy fillets drained (about 1/2 ounce or 1 tbsp anchovy paste)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
In a food processor, add egg and process until frothy, about 10 seconds. Add garlic, Parmesan cheese, white balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, Dijon, spicy brown mustard, anchovies, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and pulse until well combined.
While the processor is on, slowly drizzle in olive oil to create the emulsion. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Dijon mustard: I love the zip from 1 ½ teaspoons in this dressing. Adjust to your palate: incorporate more to taste or omit entirely.
- Spicy brown mustard: Again, start with 1 ½ teaspoons in the dressing, then add more to taste. You could also omit entirely or substitute with whole grain mustard.
- Yield: This recipe makes 1 cup salad dressing.
- Storage: Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Easier Caesar: Looking for our old, super simple Caesar dressing? Just whisk together 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup lemon juice (from 2 lemons), 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard, and 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper (I like ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper).
Serving: 2tbsp | Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 168mg | Potassium: 40mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 98IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 1mg