Slow Cooker White Turkey Chili
Slow Cooker White Turkey Chili is a hearty, one-pot meal that’s perfect for using up leftover turkey. Just add everything to the crockpot, then set out all the toppings and let everyone craft their perfect bowl.
Servings 6 servings
- 2 cups cooked turkey shredded or cubed (see note 1)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great Northern beans drained and rinsed (see note 2)
- 10 ounces frozen corn (see note 3)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mild diced green chiles undrained
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro optional (see note 4)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toppings such as avocado, jalapeños, shredded cheese, sour cream, and/or tortilla strips
To a slow cooker, add turkey, beans, corn, green chiles and juice, onion, and garlic. Stir in chicken broth, cumin, oregano, chili powder, cayenne pepper (if using).
Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours. Stir in cream cheese, half and half, and cilantro (if using). Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, or until chili is creamy and slightly thickened.
Stir until uniformly combined and season to taste with salt and pepper (I like 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper). Serve as desired with avocado, jalapeños, shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, and/or tortilla strips.
- Turkey: Put your leftover turkey to work; just shred or cube.
- Beans: Canned white great Northern beans (you need 2 cans for this recipe), or any other bean you like.
- Corn: Frozen corn, or fresh corn cut off the cob. Leave this out if you get angry when you see corn in chili recipes.
- Cilantro: Completely optional. If you think cilantro tastes like soap, please don't add it.
- Yield: About 9 cups.
- Leftovers: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or over medium heat on the stove.
- Ro*tel: Add a can, juice and all. You could swap this for the mild green chilies, too.
- Amazing toppings: Avocado, jalapeños, shredded cheese , sour cream, Fritos or crunchy corn tortilla strips, chopped tomatoes, salsa verde
- Instant Pot: In the bottom of the Instant Pot, add turkey, broth, corn, beans, spices, onion, and garlic. Cover with lid and seal. Switch the valve to the "sealing" position and cook for 20 minutes on manual high pressure. Let it naturally depressurize for 10 minutes then switch the valve to the "venting" position to completely release steam before opening lid. Add the half and half, cream cheese, and cilantro, and stir until melted. The cooker usually has a keep warm function that can continue to warm the chili.
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 552mg | Potassium: 416mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 451IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1mg