Easy Acai Bowl
This easy Acai Bowl, is just 5 ingredients (plus toppings) and ready in minutes! It's a healthy homemade spa-day treat that tastes as good as it looks.
Servings 2 servings
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 (7 ounce) container plain Greek yogurt
- 3 1/2 ounces (1 packet) frozen açaí berry purée broken into pieces
- Assorted toppings such as: fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, shredded coconut, granola, etc.
In a high-speed blender, add apple juice, banana, frozen berries, yogurt, and açaí puree. Blend until thoroughly combined and smooth.
Divide between 2 deep bowls (1 1/2 cups smoothie each). Arrange desired toppings over smoothie and serve.
- Bigger servings: For 4 cups total (instead of 3), add a second cup of Greek yogurt. It won't affect the flavor or consistency in a noticeable way.
- Thicker: For a thicker smoothie, freeze ripe, peeled bananas ahead of time and use in place of the fresh banana. Also, use a thicker (Greek-style) yogurt.
- Drink your greens: Add a handful of fresh spinach or kale to your blender. You won't even know it's there!
- Sweeter: Add a couple dates, honey, or maple syrup to the blender for a sweeter bowl.
- Vegan: Make it vegan with your favorite plant-based yogurt or silken tofu.
- Toppings: Fresh fruit, especially berries. Toasted walnuts, almonds, or coconut. Granola, chopped dates, edible flowers, cacao nibs, or fresh mint.
- For peak blender performance: Always put the liquids in the bottom of your blender. Next add soft foods, and finally, add frozen or hard foods and ice on top (if applicable).
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 386mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 45g | Vitamin A: 79IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg