Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Mashed Sweet Potatoes need only herbs, butter, and just a touch of brown sugar to really shine. This one-pot recipe always delivers delicious results, and is a perfect side to work into your weeknight routine.
Servings 6 servings
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices (about 4 small)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar packed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons half-and-half warmed
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
In a large saucepan over low heat, add sweet potatoes, water, thyme, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook until the potatoes fall apart easily and all the water has been absorbed, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Mash the potatoes until just a few lumps remain. Stir in the half-and-half and butter and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 112mg | Potassium: 529mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 21603IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1mg