Full of color and texture, this easy Beet Salad is loaded with goat cheese, almonds, and a delicious lemon vinaigrette. Save time with store-bought roasted beets or roast them yourself.
Servings 4 servings
For the lemon vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 to 2 lemons)
- 2 cloves garlic minced, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme or fresh chives or fresh basil, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 4 cups mixed field greens 1 (5-ounce bag)
- 1 pound roasted beets (see note 1)
- 5 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds roasted (see note 2)
To make the dressing, in a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, Dijon mustard, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste (I like 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper).
To the bowl with the dressing, add the salad greens and toss to combine. Top with beets, goat cheese, and almonds and serve. Dressed salad greens may also be divided among individual plates before adding beets, goat cheese, and almonds.
Calories: 471kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 237mg | Potassium: 566mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 871IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 3mg