This recipe goes out to all the Pepperoni Pizza lovers in the world—you know who you are. This Pepperoni Pizza Recipe is a perfect homemade pizza that will make you think twice about delivery, featuring lots and lots of your favorite thing: pepperoni.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound pizza dough at room temperature
- 1/2 cup homemade pizza sauce (see notes) or store-bought
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Brush an ovenproof skillet with oil.
On a floured work surface, roll out dough until circumference matches your skillet. Transfer to skillet.
Leaving a 1/2" border for crust, spread pizza sauce onto dough. Top with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
Brush crust with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake until crust is crispy and cheese is melty, 23 to 25 minutes.
Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
- 1 (8 ounce) can high-quality tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Pinch dried basil
- Pinch dried oregano
- Pinch salt
Notes on Pepperoni: I don't have an exact quantity listed on pepperoni because it depends on what kind you like. Hormel is widely available at grocery stores and comes in 6-ounce packages. I recently tried the more "artisanal" pepperoni from Trader Joe's and it was delicious; it reminded me of pepperoni from my favorite pizza place in Milwaukee. You are also free to use as much or as little pepperoni as you want.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add garlic and sauté until browned, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove garlic and discard.
- Stir in tomato sauce, sugar (if using), basil, oregano, and salt. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until flavors have blended, about 10 minutes. Keep warm over low-heat until serving time, or cool completely and store covered in the refrigerator.
Calories: 487kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 1336mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 516IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 290mg | Iron: 4mg