Mini Meatloaves with Balsamic Glaze
These pre-portioned Mini Meatloaves are juicy, delicious, and topped with a sticky balsamic glaze. The meatloaf mixture is simple to make from a few staple ingredients.
Servings 6 servings (1 loaf each)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 pounds ground beef (see note 1)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (see note 2)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley plus more for garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Adjust rack to upper position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy clean up.
In a small bowl, combine ketchup and balsamic vinegar. In a large bowl, combine beef, eggs, onion, panko, garlic, parsley, 1 tablespoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Mix with hands to combine.
Divide beef mixture into 6 pieces (about 6 ounces each) and form into 1-inch tall free-standing loaves. Place on prepared baking sheet.
Brush ketchup mixture over loaves. Bake until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees, about 25 minutes. Garnish with parsley.
- Ground beef: The standard meatloaf mixture is 1/3 ground beef, 1/3 ground pork, and 1/3 ground veal. In this version, I stuck with just 1 type of meat, ground beef, to keep things simple.
- Panko breadcrumbs: Or substitute fresh breadcrumbs.
- Yield: This recipe makes 6 mini loaves (about 6 ounces each pre-cooked weight).
- Storage: Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Make ahead: The meatloaves and glaze can be assembled a day in advance. Store covered in plastic wrap and bring to room temperature before baking.
Serving: 1loaf (6 oz. precooked weight) | Calories: 461kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 162mg | Sodium: 343mg | Potassium: 537mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 238IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 4mg