This Grasshopper Cocktail recipe is like the grown-up sibling of mint chocolate chip ice cream in happy hour-friendly format. Try the four-ingredient cocktail the next time you're craving a refreshing mixed drink.
Servings 1 serving
- 3/4 ounce green creme de menthe
- 3/4 ounce white creme de cacao
- 3/4 ounce half-n-half or heavy cream
- Chocolate shavings for garnish
In an ice-filled cocktail shaker, combine crème de menthe, white crème de cacao, and half-and-half. Shake vigorously until well chilled. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with chocolate shavings if desired and serve.
- Crème de menthe: The bright green mint-flavored liqueur is actually not creamy. "Crème" liqueurs simply designate that they're higher in sugar than other liqueurs.
- Crème de cacao: This chocolate-flavored liqueur comes in white and dark versions. Opt for clear to use in this Grasshopper Cocktail recipe.
- Cream: Take your pick between heavy cream (for the richest results), light cream, or half and half (for a slightly less decadent texture due to the lower fat content).
- Yield: Each recipe as written makes 1 2 1/4-ounce cocktail.
- Rim detail: To rim the glass with chocolate shavings, first dip the martini glass in white crème de cacao. Then, dip the glass in a shallow dish with chocolate shavings.
- Vodka: Replace the cream with vodka for a "Vodka Grasshopper" or "Flying Grasshopper."
- Dark chocolate liqueur: Add 3/4-ounce dark chocolate liqueur before shaking the cocktail recipe for an "After Eight."
- Peppermint schnapps: Trade peppermint schnapps for the crème de menthe and you'll have a "Girl Scout Cookie" cocktail.
- Mint ice cream: For a boozy milkshake, blend all of the ingredients with 1 cup of vanilla ice cream.
Serving: 1cocktail | Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 29mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg