Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning
Learn how to make Rotisserie chicken seasoning at home with just 4 ingredients (plus salt and pepper). Make it in big batches to keep on hand, and then just add a chicken.
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Whole chicken in a rotisserie: Truss and skewer the chicken (giblets removed). Coat generously with the dry rub. Insert the rotisserie skewers into the rotisserie. Cook according to rotisserie manufacturer’s instructions. Let it rest about 10 minutes before carving.
- Whole chicken in the oven: Truss the chicken (giblets removed), then coat with olive oil. Coat generously with the dry rub. Place in a roasting pan, baking dish, or cast iron skillet. Bake at 425 degrees for 70-80 minutes, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Baste the chicken every 15-20 minutes with juices from the bottom of the pan (or olive oil). Let it rest about 10 minutes before carving.
- Chicken pieces: 4 to 5 pounds of chicken pieces such as breast, thighs, or quarters may be substituted for the whole chicken. Reduce total baking time to 30 to 45 minutes.
- 2 whole chickens in the oven: The baking time is the same if you want to roast 2 chickens instead of 1. Make extra for a friend in need or for your favorite recipes.
- Whole chicken in a slow cooker: Pat the chicken dry with paper towels, brush the skin with a little olive oil and generously dust the chicken with the seasoning. Place the prepared chicken in the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours, or LOW for 6-8 hours.
Calories: 5kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 21mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 338IU | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg