Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon Recipe
The best way to enjoy Brussels Sprouts with Bacon is when they're roasted to perfection in the oven with slices of tender, sweet red onion. Smoky bacon does the rest, making this recipe one of my favorite ways to celebrate the sprout!
Servings 8 servings
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 small red onion chopped (about 1 cup)
- 8 ounces bacon chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
Add Brussels sprouts, onion, and bacon to baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using). Toss to coat and spread into a single layer.
Bake until Brussels sprouts are tender-crisp and browning around the edges, 25 to 30 minutes, stirring halfway through baking time. Drizzle with vinegar and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.