Sheet Pan Clam Bake
If you can’t find your way to a beach this summer, you can make the beach come to you with this sheet pan clam bake, loaded with fresh shrimp, littleneck clams, potatoes, chorizo, and corn. Even better, it all bakes up in one pan for minimal cleanup. Spread a blanket out in the backyard—it’s time for a clam bake!
For the flavored butter:
- 1/4 cup butter melted and cooled
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the clam bake:
- 1 pound small red or yellow potatoes scrubbed
- 3 ears corn cut crosswise into 6 pieces
- 1 pound hot dried chorizo thinly sliced
- 1 pound mussels debearded and scrubbed
- 24 littleneck clams scrubbed
- 8 ounces large shrimp peeled and deveined (U19 per pound or larger)
- 1 red onion peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 lemons halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Crusty bread for serving
To make the flavored butter:
In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic, Old Bay seasoning and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
To make the clam bake:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil for easy cleanup and coat with nonstick spray.
In a Dutch oven or large stockpot, bring 4 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt to boil. Add potatoes and cook until par-boiled and just tender, about 10 to 13 minutes. During the last 5 minutes of cooking time, stir in corn. Remove from heat and drain well.
On prepared baking sheet, combine potatoes, corn, chorizo, mussels, clams, shrimp, red onion, and lemons. Drizzle with butter mixture and toss until evenly coated. Press into a single layer.
Bake until all mussels and clams have opened and shrimp are opaque, about 12 to 15 minutes. Squeeze lemon halves over baking sheet and garnish with chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately with crusty bread.
Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 132mg | Sodium: 1087mg | Potassium: 543mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 606IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 4mg