Rainbow Thai Salad with Mango Recipe
An easy recipe for Rainbow Thai Salad. It's full of colorful vegetables, herbs, sweet mango, crunchy nuts, and a delicious sweet and spicy Peanut Dressing!
Servings 4 servings
For the Peanut Dressing:
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice from one lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Thai Salad:
- 2 cups kale thinly sliced, or baby kale
- 1 1/2 cups napa cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrot shredded
- 1 mango thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 8 mint leaves thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon green onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts roughly chopped
To make the Peanut Dressing:
In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, rice vinegar, coconut aminos, honey, lime juice, ginger, sesame oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
If the dressing is thick, thin with water. Season to taste with salt and pepper (I like 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper) and more red chili flakes if desired.
To assemble the Rainbow Thai Salad:
In a large bowl, combine kale, cabbage, bell pepper, carrot, mango, cilantro, mint, and onions.
Slowly pour the dressing over the salad, and toss until well coated. Drizzle with more dressing if desired. Top with freshly ground black pepper and roasted peanuts.
To make the dressing vegan, use maple syrup instead of the honey.