Poppy Seed Dressing
A deliciously sweet Poppy Seed Dressing made with 6 pantry staples! Perfect for fruit and vegetable salads, this makes any side dish taste like dessert.
Servings 8 servings
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or light olive oil (see note 1)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (see note 2)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar or less to taste (see note 3)
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard (see note 4)
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
In a small bowl with a whisk, or in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, add the vegetable oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, dried mustard, poppy seeds, and salt to taste (I like 1 teaspoon).
Stir or shake to combine. Allow the flavors to blend at room temperature while preparing the salad.
- Oil: Use something neutral such as vegetable oil, light olive oil, vegetable oil, or grapeseed oil.
- Red wine vinegar: Substitute white wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, or champagne vinegar if you prefer.
- Sugar: Add sugar or your favorite sweetener to taste, or leave it out entirely.
- Dried mustard: Ground mustard powder balances out the sweetness and adds another layer of flavor. If you don’t have it, use an equal amount of Dijon mustard instead.
- Yield: About 1 cup
- Storage: Store the dressing covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Blender: For the smoothest, creamiest dressing possible, emulsify the dressing in a blender.
Serving: 2tablespoons | Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 1mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg