Homemade Olive Tapenade
Make this easy Olive Tapenade for your next party spread, sandwich, or pizza garnish! It comes together in minutes and has endless possibilities.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups pitted, brine-cured olives
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste or 2 anchovy filets, minced
- 3 tablespoons capers rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic roasted if desired (see notes)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
In a food processor, combine olives, anchovies, capers, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Pulse 2 to 3 times until coarsely chopped.
Drizzle in olive oil and pulse a few more times until a chunky paste forms, scraping down the sides as needed.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve at room temperature.
- To roast the garlic, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the top off a bulb of garlic so the cloves are exposed. Set the bulb on a piece of foil large enough to wrap the bulb. Top the exposed cloves with olive oil and wrap the bulb tightly in foil. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until a knife slides easily in to the middle of the bulb.
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 674mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 223IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg