Curried Chicken Salad Recipe
Get ready for a lunch that’s anything but boring—easy Curried Chicken Salad makes the perfect sandwich, wrap, or low-carb lunch when served on a big bed of greens. This mild (but delightfully zippy) recipe uses almonds and fresh grapes. The result is just the right balance of crunch and sweetness.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed optional, see notes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked chicken cubed or shredded
- 2 ribs celery finely chopped
- 1 cup red seedless grapes halved or quartered (see notes)
- 4 scallions whie and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds or sliced almonds, toasted (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons Minced fresh parsley
- Bread or butter lettuce leaves, for serving
In a large bowl, add mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, celery seed, and salt and pepper to taste (I like 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper). Whisk to combine.
Add chicken, celery, grapes, scallions, almonds, and parsley. Toss to coat. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Serve on bread or in lettuce cups.
To make ahead:
Curried chicken salad can be made and refrigerated one day in advance. Before serving, stir in a spoonful of mayonnaise, a squeeze of lemon juice, and more salt and pepper to taste.
To toast almonds on the stove (for other ways to toast almonds, click here):
- I really like celery seed in chicken salad. But, if you don't have it and you don't want to buy it, it's okay to leave it out. I made curried chicken salad for years without celery seed and I always loved it just the same.
- I prefer to quarter my grapes for chicken salad so they are roughly the same as everything else. But, it's okay if you just cut them in half.
In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat almonds until browned and fragrant, stirring occasionally, about 3 to 5 minutes. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Serving: 0.75cup | Calories: 221kcal