Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken
Nothing beats Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken piled high on a soft toasted bun. Make extra, because hungry people everywhere love the sweet and smoky allure of easy pulled barbecue chicken.
Course Main Course
Prep Time 5 minutes minutes
Cook Time 3 hours hours 55 minutes minutes
Total Time 4 hours hours
Servings 6 sandwiches
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
In the bottom of a slow cooker, whisk together barbecue sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika in the slow cooker. Add chicken breast and turn to coat.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or LOW for 6 to 7 hours.
Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks or a hand mixer. Return to slow cooker and stir to coat with sauce.
To Make in an Instant Pot:
- Combine BBQ sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika in inner instant pot.
Place chicken breast in sauce and use a spoon to cover with sauce.
- Place lid on instant pot, turn vent to sealing position, and set to manual for 10 minutes. Pot will take a few minutes to pressurize, and chicken will cook for 10 minutes.
After pot beeps, allow a 10 minute natural release, then do a quick release to release remaining pressure. When pin drops, remove lid, and shred chicken before serving.
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 667mg | Potassium: 694mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 316IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg