Fried Cheese Curds Recipe
An easy recipe for deep fried cheese curds for anyone not fortunate enough to live in or near Wisconsin. These crispy little bites are legendary in America’s Dairyland!
- 2 quarts vegetable oil or corn oil, for frying
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup beer preferably dark, such as Guinness
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 pound cheese curds separated
- Ranch dressing for serving, optional
In a large saucepan or deep fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, milk, beer, eggs, and seasoned salt. The batter will be light and thin.
Working with 6 or 8 cheese curds at a time, add to batter, toss to coat, and remove with a wire strainer. Shake them to remove excess batter.
Drop the curds into the hot oil one at a time and fry until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately with ranch dressing if desired.