BBQ Chicken Skillet Pizza Recipe
Put the delivery menu back in the drawer, because you can make this recipe for BBQ Chicken Skillet Pizza tonight, even if you're in a hurry and need a lightening fast dinner. It’s the perfect combination of sweet, smoky, and cheesy, and it bakes up in under half an hour.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- kosher salt for seasoning
- freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
- all-purpose flour for dough
- 1 pound pizza dough at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1/4 small red onion thinly sliced
- ranch dressing for drizzling
- freshly chopped chives for garnish
Adjust rack to upper-middle position and preheat oven to 500 degrees.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken and cook until golden and no longer pink, 6 minutes per side. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, brush an ovenproof skillet with olive oil.
On a floured work surface, roll out dough until circumference matches your skillet. Transfer the dough to the skillet.
Leaving a 1/2" border for crust, spread barbecue sauce onto dough. Top the dough with cheddar, fontina, chicken and red onion.
Brush crust with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
Bake until crust is crispy and cheese is melty, 23 to 25 minutes.
Drizzle with barbecue sauce and ranch and garnish with chives.