Chocolate Fondue Recipe
I know you’ll fall head over heels in love with this classic Chocolate Fondue. Like the best desserts, it’s festive, simple, and oh, so romantic. The hardest part may be deciding what to dip in chocolate first.
To make the fondue:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces premium dark chocolate chopped or chips (at least 60% cacao)
- 8 ounces premium milk chocolate chopped or chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Kosher salt optional
- Fresh fruit: Strawberries, oranges, bananas, pineapple, cherries
- Baked goods: Brownies, rice krispie treats, cookies, Angel food cake, pound cake
- Candy: Marshmallows, caramels, peanut brittle
Set a glass or metal bowl over a pot of gently simmering water to create a double boiler (do not let the water touch the bowl).
Add heavy cream to bowl and heat until the cream feels hot to the touch (140 to 150 degrees). Add chocolate and whisk until smooth.
Whisk in vanilla. Add salt to taste if desired. Transfer to a fondue pot and heat the fuel underneath to keep warm (keep the flame low). Serve with fruit or other sweets.