Roasted Butternut Squash
Roasted Butternut Squash with brown sugar makes an amazing fall or winter vegetable on chilly nights, and a perfect accompaniment to a baked chicken or roast.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 55 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 8 servings
- 2 medium butternut squash (4 to 5 pounds total)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
Peel butternut squash and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and discard. Cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes. Place on prepared baking sheet.
Drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with brown sugar, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat and spread into a single layer.
Roast until the squash is tender and starting to caramelize, stirring occasionally to promote even browning, about 45 to 55 minutes.