Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
When I was given this recipe for Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing, I didn’t expect to love it nearly as much as I do; it’s good enough to drink right out of the jar.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 16 people
- 1 1/2 cup good quality mayonnaise such as Hellman's
- 1/2 cup blue cheese plus 3 tablespoons, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 4 scallions chopped, all of the white and half of the green
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
In the bowl of food processor, add 1/2 cup blue cheese, sour cream, buttermilk, scallions, and lemon juice, and process until scallions are finely chopped.
Pour out contents into a bowl and mix in mayonnaise by hand; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add 3 tablespoons (or more!) crumbled blue cheese for a "chunky" dressing.