Paloma Cocktail Recipe
Mexico’s national aperitif, the Paloma cocktail, is a simple tequila drink with a thirst-quenching, irresistible appeal. Move over Margarita, here comes something better!
- 2 ounces tequila blanco or reposado
- 4-6 ounces good quality grapefruit soda (see Notes)
- 1/2 lime juiced
- pinch coarse salt
- 1-2 dashes Fee Brothers grapefruit bitters optional
Fill a 10-ounce Collins glass with ice, then add tequila, lime juice, bitters, and salt.
Top with grapefruit soda.
- For grapefruit soda, look for Jarritos, San Pellegrino, Izze, or something similar to make this drink. If you can't find it, you can make your own with fresh-squeezed grapefruit and soda water combined in equal parts.
- Fee Brothers grapefruit bitters can be found in well-stocked liquor stores or online. It really brightens up this drink. If you can't find it, don't fret--the cocktail still tastes fabulous without it.