Chicken Tortilla Bowl Recipe
This Chicken Tortilla Bowl recipe makes dinner so easy! Made with slow cooker salsa chicken, rice, and all your favorite toppings, it's fast, fresh, and so delicious! Or, leave out the rice for an easy entree salad for lunch or dinner. Everything can be prepped ahead so dinner is ready in minutes.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Slow Cooker time 3 hours
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
For the salsa chicken:
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1 (1.25 ounce) packet Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Homestyle Mild Salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can Diced Green Chiles drained
For the tortilla bowls:
- 1 Bakeable Tortilla Bowl Kit
- 2 cups Cooked rice for serving
- 2 cups Shredded lettuce for serving
- 1 cup Diced tomatoes for serving
- 1 avocado diced, for serving
- Ortega Chipotle Flavor Craver Taco Sauce for serving (see notes)
To make the salsa chicken:
Coat chicken breast with taco seasoning and place in the bottom of a slow cooker. Top with salsa and green chiles.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Shred the chicken with two forks and keep warm until serving time.
To make the tortilla bowls:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Press tortillas into baking bowls, forming to curves. Pierce tortillas with a fork 3 to 4 times to prevent bubbles.
Place on baking sheet. Bake until edges are golden brown or to desired doneness, about 9 to 10 minutes. Cool.
Divide rice, chicken, and toppings among tortilla bowls. Drizzle with sauce and serve.
To make your own Chipotle Ranch, make my Homemade Ranch Dressing. Stir in 1 minced chipotle pepper, 2 teaspoons adobo sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon salt (or add chipotles, adobo, and salt to taste).