Pico de Gallo Recipe
An easy combination of fresh tomatoes, onions, cilantro, chiles, and lime, this recipe for pico de gallo will be the best you’ve ever made! A tart, crisp salad commonly served with Mexican cuisine, the balance of acidity and heat is sure to please. Whether you like it mild or spicy, homemade pico gets better the longer it sits. So feel free to this recipe ahead of time!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound tomatoes cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 jalapeno peppers seeded, stemmed, and minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tortilla chips for serving
In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, and oregano. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Let stand at least 10 minutes at room temperature to blend flavors. Serve with tortilla chips.