Easy Potato Salad Recipe
This old-fashioned recipe for Easy Potato Salad has probably been passed down by our grandmas for generations. It’s a summer classic destined for backyard barbecues, family celebrations, and picnics. Take your grandma’s advice: make a big bowl of this scrumptious potato salad on Friday, and you’ll have a side dish ready to bring to any party over the weekend.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 10 servings
- 3 pounds potatoes peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks (8 medium)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 onion minced (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 6 hardboiled eggs peeled and chopped
- Paprika for garnish
In a large stock pot over medium-high heat, add potatoes, 1 tablespoon salt, and enough water to cover. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, mustard, garlic powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
To the bowl with potatoes, add dressing and stir to combine. Stir in onion, celery, and chopped eggs. Garnish with paprika if desired.