Apple Walnut Salad Recipe
Whether you need a fresh lunch idea, a new favorite summer salad, or a tasty way to eat foods that make you feel great, this easy Apple Walnut Salad checks all the boxes. It's a perfect combination of crisp lettuce, sweet apples, crunchy walnuts, salty feta cheese, and a lightly sweetened Balsamic Vinaigrette. It has all the colors, flavors, and textures you crave!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
For the balsamic vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 8 cups red leaf lettuce chopped, about 1 large head
- 1 apple thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onions thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup California walnuts toasted
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
To make the balsamic vinaigrette:
In a bowl, or in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and honey. Whisk or shake to combine, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
To make the salad:
In a large bowl, combine lettuce, apples, red onion and walnuts. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss to combine. Sprinkle with feta and serve immediately.