One Pot Taco Spaghetti Recipe
Taco Spaghetti is fast, easy, and comes together in 30 minutes or less - all in one pot. The juice from the tomatoes and the added liquid cooks the spaghetti to perfection and creates its own taco-seasoned sauce. Tasty, satisfying, and delicious, you can even make baked spaghetti pie with the leftovers. That is, if you have any!
Servings 8 servings
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth or water
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Ro*Tel diced tomatoes with green chiles undrained
- 1 pound spaghetti broken in halves
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Homemade Taco Seasoning or 1 packet store bought
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups Mexican Cheese Blend shredded
- 2 roma tomato diced, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons scallions chopped, for garnish
- Sour cream for serving
In a Dutch oven or stockpot over medium high heat, add ground beef and onion and cook until browned, about 3 to 5 minutes, breaking up any clumps with a wooden spoon. Drain well if desired.
Stir in broth or water, diced tomatoes and juice, spaghetti, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning. Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 11-15 minutes. Stir occasionally to make sure noodles are not clumping together.
Remove from heat. Taste for seasonings and add more salt and pepper if desired. Top with cheese and cover until melted, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately, garnished with tomato scallions, and sour cream, if desired.