One Pot Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe
This easy One Pot Cheeseburger Casserole is the ultimate comfort food! Best of all, it comes together in one pot, on the stove top, in 30 minutes or less.
Servings 12 servings ( 11/2 cup each)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes undrained
- 4 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 pound rotini pasta or other small pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespooon mustard yellow or dijon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 Roma tomato diced, for garnish
- 1/2 cup pickles diced, for garnish
In a Dutch oven or stockpot over medium high heat, add ground beef and onion and cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, breaking up any clumps with a wooden spoon. Drain well if desired.
Stir in tomatoes and juice, broth or water, pasta, tomato sauce, ketchup, and mustard. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-16 minutes.
Remove from heat and top with cheese. Cover until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes. Garnish with tomatoes and pickles, if desired.