Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
These easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps are healthy, delicious, and full of your favorite Asian flavors. And you'll love the spicy 3-ingredient dipping sauce!
Servings 4 servings
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ginger fresh, grated
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha optional
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the chicken:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 8 ounce whole water chestnuts drained and diced
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 head butter lettuce separated into leaves
For the dipping sauce:
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sambal oelek or sriracha
To make the sauce:
In a small saucepan combine honey, coconut aminos, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and Sriracha. Bring to a boil and simmer while preparing the chicken, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
To make the chicken:
Meanwhile, In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil until shimmering. Add onion and cook until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add chicken and stir, breaking up with a spoon, until browned, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in chestnuts and green onion and cook until tender, about 1-2 minutes.
Pour sauce over chicken and stir to combine. To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of the lettuce leaf, taco-style.
To make the dipping sauce: