Roasted Eggplant Dip Recipe
This easy, healthy Roasted Eggplant Dip is full of roasted vegetables and fresh herbs - nothing bad here! Enjoy plain with pita wedges or on a sandwich.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 medium eggplant peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 red bell peppers seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for easy cleanup.
In a large bowl, combine eggplant, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, and thyme. Drizzle with olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and toss to combine.
Spread on prepared baking sheet and roast until the vegetables are soft and lightly browned, about 45 minutes, stirring halfway through roasting time. Cool 5 minutes.
Transfer to a food processor and add tomato paste. Pulse until blended, 3 or 4 times. Transfer to a bowl and stir in lemon juice, red wine vinegar, sugar, and red pepper flakes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.