Seafood Pasta Salad
Seafood Pasta Salad is perfect for summer! Your favorite seafood and tons of fresh veggies are tossed in a zesty dressing with chewy pasta. Easy, filling, and so tasty!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 1 pound uncooked small pasta macaroni, rotini, small shells, etc.
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 (8 or 10 ounce) package grape tomatoes halved lengthwise
- ½ cup red bell pepper diced
- ½ cup scallions sliced
- 1 ½ cups chopped crab, shrimp, and/or lobster
Bring 4 quarts water and 1 T. salt to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions for firm pasta (1 minute pasta al dente, usually 8 to 12 minutes depending on the exact noodle). Drain well and rinse with cold water.
Meanwhile, bring 2 quarts water and 1 tsp. salt to a boil. Fill a medium bowl with cold water and ice. Blanch the broccoli quickly until bright green and tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain and immediately plunge into the ice water to stop the cooking. Drain well.
In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, salad dressing, and Parmesan cheese. Stir in pasta, tomatoes, bell pepper, and scallions. Carefully fold in crab and stir until evenly coated. Chill until serving and refrigerate any leftovers.