Mediterranean Chopped Salad Recipe
Bright and colorful, Mediterranean Chopped Salad has the power to convert even the pickiest eater into a salad lover with one forkful. Bursting with fresh Greek salad flavors and loaded with crunch, it’s a total game-changer.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 servings
For the red wine vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 1 hothouse cucumber halved lengthwise and chopped (see notes)
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 4 cups chopped lettuce
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved lengthwise
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives halved lengthwise
- 4 ounces feta cheese cubed
In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste (I like 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper). To the dressing, red onion and cucumber and toss to combine. Let marinate for 20 minutes.
Add lettuce, tomatoes, and chickpeas and toss to combine. Sprinkle with olives and feta cheese.