Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup Recipe
Put your leftover turkey to work in this quick and easy Turkey Noodle Soup! It's simple but delicious and perfect year-round. Or make it with chicken!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 8 cups (2 quarts) chicken broth
- 3 cups leftover turkey chopped or shredded
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Minced fresh parsley for garnish
In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion, carrots, and celery and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in broth, turkey, thyme, and bay leaf. Bring to simmer and cook until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
Stir in noodles and cook until tender, about 5 minutes longer. Remove from heat, season to taste with salt and pepper, and garnish with fresh parsley.