Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
Instead of opening up a can of condensed soup, make this easy Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup with simple ingredients you probably already have on hand.
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 pinch dried parsley
- 1 pinch paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
In a 1 1/2-quart saucepan combine broth, onion powder, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, parsley, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a simmer.
Meanwhile, whisk together milk and flour until smooth. Pour into saucepan, whisking continuously, until the mixture bubbles and thickens, about 1 minute.
- To make soup, add 1 cup water to this full recipe. Makes 2 servings, 1 cup each.
- Adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.