Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad Recipe
This Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad has Cajun chicken, bacon, and an easy homemade dressing (with NO anchovies!)! Makes a great lunch or party side dish.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 16 servings
For the salad:
- 1 pound rotini or other small pasta
- 1 pound thin boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 2 tablespoons Homemade Cajun Seasoning or store bought
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large head romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 cups croutons
- 8 ounces bacon cooked and crumbled (8 slices)
- Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing or store bought
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a large saucepan or stock pot, bring 4 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil. Add rotini and cook according to package instructions, about 9 to 11 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Meanwhile, arrange chicken on a baking sheet or work surface and sprinkle both sides generously with Cajun seasoning.
In large skillet, heat oil until shimmering. Arrange chicken in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until the temperature on an internal thermometer reaches 165 degrees, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and rest for 5 minutes. Slice into strips.
In a very large bowl, combine cooled rotini, lettuce, croutons, and bacon. Drizzle with Caesar salad dressing and toss until uniformly coated. Top with chicken and garnish with Parmesan cheese.