Pork Tenderloin with Bacon and Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
Quick and delicious is Pork Tenderloin with Cream Sauce has bacon, sun-dried tomatoes, and is ready in only 30 minutes! It's easy comfort food with big flavors, and it's ready fast.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound pork tenderloin sliced into 4 equal pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots , minced
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves minced
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes chopped (see notes)
- ½ cup dry white wine (see notes)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Mashed potatoes for serving, optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup.
Season the pork with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering.
Add pork in a single layer to skillet and cook until browned on one side, about 3 minutes. Flip and continue to cook until browned on the other side, about 3 minutes longer.
Transfer to prepared baking sheet and place in oven. Bake until a thermometer reaches 145 degrees, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, to the same skillet, add the shallots, bacon, parsley, sage, and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook until the shallots have softened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the wine, scraping up any brown bites from the bottom of the pan. Add the cream and heat to boil. Reduce heat slightly and simmer about 5 minutes, uncovered, until the sauce thickens.
Return pork to the pan with the sauce and toss to coat. Serve with mashed potatoes if desired.
- Dried (but soft) or oil-packed sun-dried-tomatoes may be used.
- Chicken broth may be substituted for the white wine.
- Adapted from Betty Crocker's Italian Cooking.
Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 151mg | Potassium: 668mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 630IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 2mg