Pork Tenderloin with Bacon and Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
Quick and delicious Pork Tenderloin with a luscious bacon and sun-dried tomato cream sauce cooks up in only 30 minutes! Easy comfort food.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound pork tenderloin sliced into 4 equal pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots , minced
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (see notes)
- ½ cup dry white wine (see notes)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Mashed potatoes for serving, optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup.
Season the pork with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering.
Add pork in a single layer to skillet and cook until browned on one side, about 3 minutes. Flip and continue to cook until browned on the other side, about 3 minutes longer.
Transfer to prepared baking sheet and place in oven. Bake until a thermometer reaches 145 degrees, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, to the same skillet, add the shallots, bacon, parsley, sage, and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook until the shallots have softened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the wine, scraping up any brown bites from the bottom of the pan. Add the cream and heat to boil. Reduce heat slightly and simmer about 5 minutes, uncovered, until the sauce thickens.
Return pork to the pan with the sauce and toss to coat. Serve with mashed potatoes if desired.
- Dried (but soft) or oil-packed sun-dried-tomatoes may be used.
- Chicken broth may be substituted for the white wine.
- Adapted from Betty Crocker's Italian Cooking.