Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
An easy recipe for Chinese Chicken Salad that’s as delicious as it is healthy. Say hello to a rainbow of crunchy veggies, chicken, and noodles tossed in a gingery dressing that will knock your socks off.
Servings 6 servings
For the Asian salad dressing:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
For the salad:
- 4 cups cooked chicken shredded or diced
- 1 pound Napa cabbage cored and finely shredded (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups red cabbage cored and finely shredded
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 bunch scallions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro minced
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds for garnish, optional
To make the Asian salad dressing:
In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and sesame oil. Allow flavors to blend at room temperature while preparing the rest of the salad. Or, store covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
To make the salad:
In a large bowl, add chicken, green and red cabbage, carrots, scallions, and cilantro. Drizzle with salad dressing and toss to combine. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles and sesame seeds, if using.