Hot Corn Dip
This easy Hot Corn Dip is ultra cheesy and SO TASTY! Make it with frozen corn in the winter and fresh corn in the summer (instructions for both included).
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter plus more for buttering the dish
- 2 (12 ounce) bags frozen corn (see notes)
- 1 red bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and finely diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers stemmed, seeded, and minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces Roth GranQueso cheese shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chiles drained
- 3 scallions thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro for garnish, optional
- Tortilla chips for serving
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rub a baking dish or oven-proof skillet with butter.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter until foaming. Add corn, bell peppers, onion, jalapeno, and 1 teaspoon salt and cook until softened, about 7 to 10 minutes.
Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Stir in half the GranQueso cheese, chiles, scallions, and chili powder. Carefully fold in corn mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper. 5. Spread into prepared baking dish and top with remaining 4 ounces GranQueso. Bake uncovered until hot and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and garnish with scallions and cilantro if desired. Serve hot with tortilla chips.
- 4 ears fresh corn, blanched and cut off the cob, or 2 (14.5 ounce) cans corn may be substituted for frozen corn.
- Replace half the GranQueso with Roth Havarti Jalapeno cheese for a delicious twist!
- Inspired by a Mexican Corn Dip in "The Calico Capers" cookbook.