Curried Couscous Salad
Curried Couscous Salad is as easy as boiling water. Literally! It's also DELICIOUS with sweet, salty, spicy, crunchy, and chewy flavors, all in one bowl!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 2 cups couscous
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup yogurt (Greek or regular)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup grated or finely diced carrots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
- 3 scallions. thinly sliced
Place the couscous and butter in a medium bowl. Pour the boiling water over the top and stir until the butter has melted. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let set for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine olive oil, yogurt, red wine vinegar, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon curry powder, and 1/4 teaspoon turmeric. Whisk until smooth.
Fluff couscous with a fork and pour in yogurt sauce. Stir until couscous is evenly coated. Mix in carrots, cranberries, almonds, red onions, and scallions. Serve at room temperature.