Quick & Tasty Pan-Fried Tilapia Recipe
Simple pan-fried Tilapia with lots of colorful bell peppers makes a quick and easy, delicious and healthy meal! A great recipe if you want to eat more fish.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets thawed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 onion halved and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bell peppers any color, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes drained
- 1/4 cup capers drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Pat fish dry with paper towels. Season on both sides with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Sauté fish in a single layer without moving until crispy and golden-brown on one side, 2 to 3 minutes.
Flip each piece of tilapia and continue cooking until fish is 140 degrees. Transfer fish to oven to keep warm.
To the same skillet, add onions and garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add peppers and sauté until softened, 1 to 2 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, capers, and thyme until heated through, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Stir in lemon juice and add salt and pepper to taste. Return fish to pan and stir to coat with sauce.