Snickers Salad may sound crazy, but trust us on this one—it’s only crazy delicious. This potluck masterpiece tastes like a crunchy caramel apple; sweet, tart, and definitely more of a dessert than a salad. Make a big bowl for your next party and watch it vanish in minutes.
Fortunately, Snickers Salad tastes amazing. The tart Granny Smith apples balance out the sweetness of the dressing and chopped candy bars. It’s nutty, creamy, crunchy, tart and sweet all in one, hard-to-believe bite.
When I have the time and I’m feeling just a little more ambitious, I like to make my own Homemade Snickers Bars for this salad. Yep, that’s actually a thing! As if Snickers aren’t good as they are, this candy recipe takes it to the next level. There’s enough in the recipe to make this salad, and still have some leftover for snacking.
Snickers Salad ingredients:
- Instant vanilla pudding. Some cooks swear by using butterscotch pudding, which ups the caramel flavor. If you’re doubling the recipe, try one package of each and let us know how it goes!
- Whipped topping. Like Cool-Whip, but generic works, too. It can be found in the freezer aisle, but let it thaw before using.
- Snickers bars. Today, Snickers bars come in all different shapes and sizes, from King size to Fun size. A standard, full-sized bar is 1.86 ounces, so you can use any size as long as you have about the right amount of candy bar. If you’re opting to give Homemade Snickers Bars a try, you’ll need about half of the recipe.
- Apples. Granny Smooth apples are the best (the more tart, the better), but feel free to use a blend of red and green apples if you have them.
It’s your party! Other fruit is always welcome, or extra nuts.
- Toasted pecans. Get nutty by toasting your own pecans.
- Sliced grapes.
- Pineapple chunks.
How to make Snickers Salad:
- It’s as easy as can be. You don’t even need to make it ahead; just chop the ingredients up and blend them together when you need them. (Although adding the cut-up apples to a lemon juice and water bath keeps them from turning brown.) Once you’re finished, chill the salad until you’re ready to serve it—that keeps the apples crisp.
- Grab a large bowl and whisk together the milk and pudding mix.
- Then fold in the whipped topping.
- Next, add the chopped Snickers pieces and the diced apples and gently stir to combine.
Homemade Snickers Bars:
This better-than-the-real-thing Homemade Snickers Bar recipe is easy to make, and completely dangerous, unless you have some friends to share it with. No baking required, just five glorious layers:
- Peanut butter/chocolate
- Marshmallow nougat
- Roasted peanuts
- Peanut butter/chocolate
Making Snickers Salad with cream cheese:
Instead of pudding and milk, some cooks prefer using room temperature cream cheese and powdered sugar to make the dressing. Here’s how to do it:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Mix together the cream cheese and the powdered sugar until completely smooth. Then fold in the whipped topping, apples, and candy.
Snicker Salad Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed
- 6 full-size Snicker bars unwrapped and chopped
- 6 large apples Granny Smith, cored and diced
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk and pudding mix. Fold in whipped topping. Add Snickers pieces and apples and toss to combine. Chill until serving time.