Harvest Roasted Vegetables with butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, cranberries, bacon and walnuts. Your new favorite fall side dish!
Simple ingredients combined in delicious ways. That’s what we have going on today.
Everything you might want is here! Between the vegetables, the berries, the walnuts, and the bacon, it’s practically a complete meal in and of itself.
I love Butternut squash as much as anyone, but I need a little coaxing when it comes to Brussels sprouts. Coaxing via bacon.
You start by cooking bacon until crispy. Chop up the bacon and set it aside for later, but save that rendered bacon fat and toss your veggies in it. YES! It’s even better than it sounds.
I added fresh cranberries and some fresh rosemary, too. When all is said and done, add back the bacon and toss in some walnuts, too. These Harvest Roasted Vegetables are just begging for a spot at your Thanksgiving table!
Harvest Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- 8 ounces bacon
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts halved
- 1 (1 pound) butternut squash peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary leaves removed and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove bacon from skillet, chop, and set aside.
- Reserve 1/4 cup rendered bacon fat and discard the rest. In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts, squash, cranberries, and rosemary with the reserved bacon fat. Spread evenly in a single layer over baking sheet, arranging the sprouts cut-side down as much as possible.
- Bake until vegetables begin to brown and are tender, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving dish. Add chopped bacon and walnuts, tossing to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm.