Inspired by the classic sandwich, this BLT Pasta Salad has only 6 ingredients, and they will all rock your lunch box! The perfect side dish for parties, too!
Looking for something fun and interesting for your lunch box? Your next summer barbecue? Saturday night?
Look no further, my friend! This BLT Pasta Salad is as equal parts delicious and easy: A classic sandwich turned into a creamy side dish. BLT + Pasta Salad = Winner.
Instead of lettuce which would not hold up in a mayonnaise dressing, I substituted frozen peas. Easy peasy! Small shells are a great pasta for kids while halved grapes tomatoes look pretty and add sweetness.
I made a very simple dressing with mayonnaise and red wine vinegar. Last, I stirred in some crumbled bacon because of its delightful salty flavor. The bacon really brings the whole pasta salad together.
In addition to being a fun lunchbox option, this BLT Pasta Salad is a great side dish for parties or backyard barbecues. It’s a little different from the usual macaroni salad you always see but still has a lot of familiar flavors. Did I mention there’s bacon?
BLT Pasta Salad
- 1 pound mini shells or other small pasta
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 4 ounces bacon fried, drained, and crumbled
- Bring 4 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse pasta under cold water until cool. Shake out any excess water.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise and red wine vinegar. In a large bowl, toss together pasta, tomatoes, peas, and bacon. Stir in mayonnaise dressing until thoroughly combined.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. TASTE for seasoning. If you don't season with sufficiently, this dish might taste bland.